Southend Primary School is set amid rich farmland in an attractive site about half a mile away from Southend village and roughly in the centre of its catchment area, consisting of the south Kintyre peninsula.
The original building dates from 1876 with a more modern extension housing the infant classroom, pre-school unit and school catering facilities.
Together they offer good accommodation and a bright, colourful learning environment.
The development of each child is considered to be of prime importance and we aim to enable all individuals to develop their full potential, raise their personal aspirations and provide for themselves an enhanced quality of life.
Mrs M Bannatyne, Head Teacher